Yorkshire Stone and Welsh Slate are the main forms of traditional roofing coverings. Subsequently, modern materials do not represent the historic. Therefore, working upon traditional roofing is significantly different to a modern roof.
As a result, modern methods are not skills that general roofing companies can always competently address.
Some traditional maintenance issues are commonly;
- Cracked or slipped slates can cause water ingress
- Ridges may need re-bedding in Lime
- Sourcing of reclamation materials to replace broken or missing elements
- Poor leadwork can be the cause of significant issues
- Damaged or blocked Gutters and Downpipes
Gutters and Downpipes are in place to direct water flow away from your property. If these or the ground drainage become blocked this can cause water to backup and come into contact with your property. This can cause significant damage.
Overflowing gutters can noticeably stain the exterior walls, causing internal dampness. Clearing gutters from debris is a key maintenance area that should be undertaken at least once a year.
To book an appointment please contact us in and around Lancashire, Cumbria and the North-West.